These are some of the recommendations we send to our event speakers. But we thought that now more and more of us are doing video calls these might be helpful to everyone!
Make sure you have the following:
- A laptop or desktop with a webcam and mic and recent version of Chrome or Firefox.
- If you don’t have a laptop or desktop, then you can join on your phone. But the experience is usually best on a laptop/desktop. On Android, we recommend the Chrome browser. On iOS, you must use Safari.
- A strong internet connection. Just like any video calls, you must have a strong internet connection for it to work well. If possible, connect to your router with an ethernet cable instead of using WiFi.
- A ‘selfie’ light or ‘ring’ light allows your face to be lit evenly and makes you look amazing! Again, there are relatively cheap versions available.
- Recording Software
- We love WeVideo for recording and editing. It’s a web-based application that can record your face and slides at the same time, before allowing you to do some editing and picture-in-picture.
- Alternatively, most video chat recording (such as Zoom) will allow you to record your face and slides at the same time before giving you a finished video file.
- Otherwise there is lots of free screen recording software available for download and FE+ are available for hire if you need help editing or bringing it all together.